San Marcos is a beautiful city in the North County region on San Diego County. Bordered by California cities such as Escondido, Encinitas, Carlsbad and Vista, San Marcos is nestled among some of the most natural beauty in all of California. The history of San Marcos dates back to the 18th century, when Native Americans fed to the hills to escape from Spanish troops. While pursuing the Native Americans, the troops from Spain came upon a lush and fertile valley — the site that became San Marcos.
The town began to thrive and grow, attracting new settlers and an expanding population. Fast-forward to the mid twentieth century, and San Marcos began to experience serious and rapid growth with the arrival of the first water from the Colorado River. New businesses began to form, and the city was established in the early 1960s.
Through the 1970s, San Marcos held steady as the third fastest growing city in the state of California, and the growth continued through the 1980s and 1990s, as well. Today, the city’s population is just under 100,000 residents — making it the perfect size to have amenities and activities available, but still small enough to hold on to that hometown feel.
Living in San Marcos, CA
If you ask just about any San Marcos resident, the chances are good that they will quickly begin gushing about how much they love living in their city. Several reasons come to mind:
- A strong local and regional economy. San Marcos boasts a low unemployment rate and plenty of opportunities for employment. Additionally, the area’s low rate of crime round out the city’s appeal to a safe family environment.
- Excellent network of public transportation. In addition to an extensive interstate system that makes it easy to get around, San Marcos has a solid public transportation system, including a commuter rail line with a supporting bus system throughout the city.
- Business friendly city. As the area’s educational hub, San Marcos is ripe with intellectual capital, making it an appealing location for businesses. The appeal of the city makes it easy to attract solid employees, as well.
- Location, location, location. San Marcos is the best of both worlds, with easy access to urban excitement but with small town charm and appeal. Further, its location allows residents to easily get to San Diego, Riverside, and Orange County.
- Gorgeous weather. One of the things that Southern California is best known for is its beautiful weather. With a mild and temperate climate all year round, San Marcos can truly be enjoyed 365 days of the year. Average summer temperatures hover in the low to mid 70s, and the winters are mild.
- Diverse and strong housing market. San Marcos offers plenty of options for housing, meaning that no matter what you are searching for, you are likely to find it here. With access to great education and healthcare, it’s no wonder why San Marcos real estate remains in high demand.
San Marcos, CA Real Estate and Homes for Sale in San Marcos, CA
Whether you are searching for a low maintenance condo or a single family home in one of the master planned communities that San Marcos is so well known for, we can help you find it. Search through our featured listings, or connect with our team today.
Carlsbad Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Oceanside Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Encinitas Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Vista Real Estate and Homes for Sale
North County Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Rancho Bernardo Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Cardiff-By-The-Sea Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Solana Beach Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Escondido Real Estate and Homes for Sale