The third largest city in San Diego County, Oceanside is a beautiful and charming city located along the coast of sunny Southern California. With a history dating back to the 18th century — 1769, to be exact — the city boasts a long-standing history that dates back to Native American inhabitants and European explorers. Fast forward to the present day since the early 20th century, Oceanside is primarily known as a coastal beach town, with plenty of opportunities for recreation and activities for residents and visitors alike to enjoy.
Oceanside has several world famous attractions and events, including the following:
- The Oceanside Pier, built in 1888, is one of the longest wooden piers along all of the West Coast at 1,942 feet (592 meters)
- Mount Ecclesia, an historic district that is home to the Rosicrucian Fellowship and known for its unique architecture and the preservation of its natural gardens and grounds
- The California Surf Museum, located in downtown Oceanside
- Oceanside serves as the starting point of the annual Race Across America, a bicycle race spanning 3,000 miles that is thought by many to be the world’s ultimate and most difficult sporting event
- Hosting The Beach Soccer Championships, the largest festival of its kind on the West Coast
- Home of the Supergirl Pro Jam, which is the world’s largest women’s surfing competition
- Home of the famed weekly Sunset market, known for its local vendors, hot food service, local live music, and more
Living in Oceanside, CA
Oceanside boasts a diverse population, with a mix of demographics and cultures represented within the city. Residents also enjoy a strong and stable economy, and plenty of opportunities for employment. The city has several large employers, with some of the largest being the Tri-City Medical Center, the City of Oceanside, and Mira Costa College.
As is the case with much of Southern California, residents of Oceanside enjoy gorgeous and temperate weather throughout the year — a fact that many list among their favorite things about living in Oceanside. The mild climate allows residents and visitors to appreciate and enjoy all of the many outdoor activities and recreation that the San Diego area has to offer.
Oceanside, CA Real Estate and Homes for Sale in Oceanside, CA
Oceanside has some of the best real estate in the area. No matter what you are searching for, you are sure to find it here in Oceanside. From luxurious and low maintenance condos and expansive custom estates, we can help you find the home of your dreams that is just right for you and your family.
Real estate in Oceanside continues to be a hot search among potential California homebuyers. The average listing price and the average selling price in Oceanside have been on the rise over the past several years; however, the incline in the market demand has finally started to settle down. What does this mean for you? If you are considering making a home in Oceanside, now may be the time to act. If you have any questions or are ready to start your home search, connect with our team today.
Carlsbad Real Estate and Homes for Sale
San Marcos Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Encinitas Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Vista Real Estate and Homes for Sale
North County Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Rancho Bernardo Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Cardiff-By-The-Sea Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Solana Beach Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Escondido Real Estate and Homes for Sale