Encinitas is a well-known beach town that is located in the North County region of San Diego County. With a prime location nestled between San Diego and Los Angeles, it is clear to see why the city has such a wide range of appeal. The population continues to increase at a slow and steady rate, ensuring the city has adequately planned and prepared for the population growth and maintains its laid back, hometown feel.
Encinitas can be further divided into five distinct areas or communities within the city:
- Old Encinitas. Old Encinitas is a small beachside community, with a good mix of business and residential buildings. There are several styles of houses that can be found here, as well as many well known attractions, including the Encinitas welcome arch, the Cardiff kook statue, the famed surf break Swamis, and the La Paloma Theatre.
- New Encinitas. As the name suggests, New Encinitas is a newer community within the city. Here, you will find several shopping centers and a golf course. The homes are mostly newer larger homes, on larger lots or tracts.
- Olivenhain. Olivenhain in located in east Encinitas, and is considered to be a semi-rural area. Olivenhain features a strong and active 4 H Club as well as multiple private equestrian facilities. The homes are mostly traditional single family homes that fit with the area.
- Leucadia. Leucadia is a beautiful coastal community located within Encinitas. Here, you will find streets lined with old growth trees and unique businesses, such as art galleries, boutique, and locally owned restaurants. Residents of Leucadia are dedicated to preserving the feel of their community, and the homes here are mostly traditional single-family homes available in a variety of architectural styles. There are also well known beaches in this community, such as Grandview and Beacons.
- Cardiff by the Sea. This community rounds out the southern end of Encinitas, and features streets that are named after classic composers and British cities. Here, you will also find the Lux Art Institute and the San Elijo Campus of the Mira Costa College.
Living in Encinitas
Residents of Encinitas enjoy all that the city has to offer. Encinitas boasts an active arts and culture scene, including an exceptional ballet studio that hosts several performances throughout the year. There are also many regular events and festivals, such as the April Street Fair, Salute to Education, Wellness Week, Classic Car Cruise Nights, Fall Festival, and Oktoberfest. One of our favorite things about Encinitas is that there truly is always something to do, see, or enjoy — just steps from your front door.
Encinitas, CA Real Estate and Homes for Sale in Encinitas, CA
Whether you are searching for a traditional single-family bungalow or a large new construction home, Encinitas has it to offer. When you are ready to start the search for your new home, feel free to browse through our featured listings. If you have any questions, or if we can be of any help as you start your search, connect with our team today.
Carlsbad Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Oceanside Real Estate and Homes for Sale
San Marcos Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Vista Real Estate and Homes for Sale
North County Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Rancho Bernardo Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Cardiff-By-The-Sea Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Solana Beach Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Escondido Real Estate and Homes for Sale